Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open communication and organization are important for a successful group project. These tools will help you share information from a distance and keep everyone updated on the progress of the project.
A social bookmarking tool for saving links.
A tool to help you determine a meeting time for multiple people.
Share and access documents and photos from anywhere.
Share documents and collaborate.
Share notes, documents, images, and more with your group.
A platform for team-based projects.
An organizing tool for sharing project documents.
Swap ideas and information.
Another platform for creating Wikis.
Plan, track and collaborate.
Video: Group Work Strategies
Photo Credit: StockSnap from Pixabay
- Begin with introductions.
- Create a group member contact sheet with emails and cell phone numbers
- Choose a leader who will keep the group on track and keep communication lines open.
- Plan when, where, and how you will meet and share information.
- Set goals and deadlines, but be flexible and pad your calendar to allow extra time.
- Choose tasks for each group member, and don't forget to include deadlines. Make sure expectations are clear.
- If your professor provided a grading rubric, make sure your project is on track to meet all of the requirements for an A.
- Communicate with your professor, whether it's for clarification on the assignment or if your group has members who are not participating.
- Ask your professor or a librarian if you need help. Don't wait until the last minute.
If your group needs to meet face-to-face, use social media, group chat, or one of the many online tools to help you determine a good meeting date.
Gould Memorial Library has rooms that can be reserved for group study and meetings. Choose a room that fits your group's needs.
Video: Tough Talk for Teams