Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CHECK OUT BOOKS
- You will need a valid CCGA identification card to check out books.
- Books may be borrowed for 28 days.
- You may renew your books twice through your GIL account. Books must be renewed before the due date.
- Materials such as DVDs, journals, magazines, reference books, and microfilm/microfiche cannot be checked out. You must use them in the library.
- Books that are not returned within 90 days after the due date are considered lost, and will be assessed a lost book fee of $60. In addition, a hold will be placed on the borrower's account.
- Is your library account blocked? Talk to a librarian about removing the hold.
WHERE'S MY BOOK?
College of Coastal Georgia Libraries and all libraries within the University System of Georgia use the Library of Congress Classification System to catalog their materials. You'll find helpful charts throughout the library to help you find what you need, or you can ask a librarian for help.
OPEN ACCESS TEXTBOOKS
Open Access Textbooks Project provides openly-licensed textbook offered online by its author(s). The open license sets open textbooks apart from traditional textbooks by allowing users to read online, download, or print the book at no additional cost. Librarian John Kissinger has curated a Research Guide that explains more about this initiative and other open and free resources for USG faculty and students.